Thursday, September 4, 2008

Life in order.

Perhaps it's time I get my life in order.

I know that I've said this before, but I mean it this time. This will be a three part plan.

The first part of this plan will be to start going to a real school. I'm so tired of the community college I'm enrolled in. Every time I turn around, something else goes wrong with them. I can't take this class because of some stupid reason, I can't actually recieve this credit for another stupid reason, the list goes on.

I need to find a university, one that has a decent Creative Writing program, as well as a good teaching program. I'll be looking around, filling out more applications, working on my portfolio.

The portfolio is the hard part of this step, seeing as how I have major Writer's Block, but still. I need to break through it and attempt to write at least one piece every week.

The second part of my plan is to get a real job. Forget these jobs in the food service industry. Forget these retail jobs. I need to find myself a job that I can stand doing, but still get paid well. I'm going to start looking into web design jobs and technical jobs that aren't tech support.

Finally the third part of my plan. This will quite possibly be the easiest of the trifecta. I need to get myself into a good, healthy relationship. No more crazy girls. I'm done with them.

I seriously think these are the three keys to my happiness at the moment. They will obviously change over the years, but for now, they should be good. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope everything works out for ya man.